Finding the right hairstyle can be a challenge, but knowing your face shape can help you find the perfect style to complement your features.
If you have an oval face – congratulations! Virtually any hairstyle will look great on you.
How can you tell if you have an oval face?
- The length of your face is one-and-a-half times the width of your face.
- Your forehead is wider than your chin.
- You have prominent cheek bones.
What are some of the most popular hairstyles for oval faces right now?
- Overgrown lob: A hot trend right now, especially for those with oval faces. This is one of the most popular medium length hairstyles at Hadviser, and it’s all about length and blunt ends. If you’re going with this style, make sure that you consider how your stylist is going to cut your face-framing layers or whether you want to have bangs.
- Blunt bob: Oval faces can easily pull off short hairstyles – even super-short styles. A short above-the-shoulder bob is on-trend, and will complement an oval face.
- Side-swept bangs: Side-swept bangs complement this face shape well by adding some width and hiding some of the forehead.
- Layers: One-length hairstyles elongate oval faces, which is the last thing you want. Layers will add some width and help balance out this face shape.
- Updos: Any kind of updo will look great on an oval face whether it’s a simple ponytail, or a formal updo.
If you have a heart-shaped face, you can also play around with different lengths and styles.
How can you tell if you have a heart-shaped face?
- You have wide cheek bones with a narrow chin.
- Your hairline is the widest part of your face.
- Your chin tapers to a smaller point than an oval face shape.
What are some of the most popular hairstyles for heart-shaped faces right now?
- Blunt bangs: No matter the length of your hair, you can easily pull off blunt bangs, especially those that fall just below the brow line.
- Shoulder-length lob: Heart-shaped faces can pull off just about any shoulder-length style, particularly lobs.
- Long layers: Long layers complement the heart-shaped face. Layers that break just below the shoulder look great with this face shape.
- Deep side part: A deep side part is difficult to pull off with some face shapes, but this style complements the heart-shaped face well.
Those with square-shaped faces tend to have sharp features. The right hairstyle can help balance these features.
How can you tell if you have a square-shaped face?
- Your face is as wide as it is long.
- Your forehead, cheek bones and jawline are all about the same.
- You have an angular and squared jawline.
What are some of the most popular hairstyles for square faces right now?
- Diamond cut: A diamond-shaped haircut can balance out a square space. The back should be longer than the front to provide contrast.
- Side-swept bangs: Soft and wispy side-swept bangs work well for square-shaped faces.
- Straight, long layers: Straight hair with long layers can help balance out a square face’s prominent features.
- Bangs: Subtle bangs work well with square faces, particularly when they hit at the cheekbones.
Finding the right hairstyle is easier than you think once you know your face shape.